I walked outside this evening, on my way to yoga. I felt a tingle on my face. Was it rain? It didn’t feel like rain. I looked around. Snow! SNOW! Flurries whirled around me as I watched the the flakes swizzle in the oncoming night. I was mesmerized by the patterns in my headlights as I drove to the studio.
I was thrilled, when an hour+ later, I walked outside and the flakes were still swirling, sheets dancing across the road, not sticking, merely visiting.
As I was fixing dinner, my favorite things came to mind:
- first snow
- heavy duty tin foil
- texts from friends
- emojis, emojis, emojis (especially multi-colored hearts and dancing animals)
- heavy notecards and fine ink pens
- FaceTime with family
- homemade chicken rice soup
- a book that you forego sleep to read, often until 3 am
- the smell when the heat first comes on in the house
- plants that grow in the cracks of the sidewalk
- laughing, hysterically, at a joke (if it involves a pun, so much the better)
- running into neighbors at the grocery store
- the feeling of a warm scarf around your neck when the wind blows
What are some of your favorite things?