I love board games, my favorite being Scrabble. It’s a family tradition to play late into the night every Christmas vacation. When Words with Friends (WWF) came out a couple of years ago, I was hooked. Now I could play what is essentially online Scrabble with friends all over the country, one or two moves at a time? Heaven.
Some of the people who I play with know that I love a good wager. And that I might be a bit competitive. So when Darin offered a bet of winner buys beers next time we’re in the same city, I took it. Did I mention that Darin is a better player than me? Several games and wagers later, I was booked on a flight to Minneapolis.
My flight landed in the late afternoon, just as the sun was beginning to set. Intense golden rays blanketed the runway. I’ve only seen light so beautiful one other place in the world, South Africa. Everything is more beautiful in that light.
Highlights of the trip included:
- The most fun I’ve ever had singing karaoke in public. Stoner, the Willie Nelson lookalike with two pure, snow-white braids in his beard sitting next to me at the bar, complimented me on my performance.
- Co-working with two of my awesome colleagues. Having one of Alison’s amazing homemade apple muffins for breakfast.
- Sampling a ridiculously delicious sausage sampler platter at Butcher & the Boar
- Game night with real life Scrabble and our own version of Pictionary
- And, of course, spending three fantastic days with dear friends