Things I learned today:
- Elephants’ tongues are incredibly smooth and slippery.
- An elephant that is slightly taller than me weighs more than 2 tons.
- Elephants that die a natural death usually die of starvation. Their teeth fall out and they can’t eat. That seems like a horrible way to die.
- Lion cubs will let you pet them when they’re small. I was worried about getting eaten. They’re wild, after all.
- Giraffes have the same number of bones in their necks as humans, seven.
- If they think you’ve got food, ostriches will peck the heck out of you. It can hurt.